Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why Me?

Now before you shake your head at my cynisism, I think I should explain my blog post title. Do not worry. I have not become one of those people who finds and dwells on all the negativity in my life. This isn't about that at all. In fact, I promise not to waste your time ranting and raving about any of my hardships. No ranting, but no guarantees on the raving part.
Have you ever had a moment of clarity that left you feeling very humbled and super grateful? I had one today. I don't know why it happened today. It sort of came out of nowhere, but suddenly I had thoughts just pop into my head that made me feel so....blessed. I just had to capture that feeling and share it with you. So please indulge me a very sincere, but somewhat sappy moment on my blog.
In my moment of clarity I have been made very award that I have been so incredibly blessed with the people I have in my life!! I do not know what I did to deserve it. Thus the question, WHY ME? Why am I so lucky to have such wonderful parents who teach me by example how to have unbelievable faith and resolve to be righteous? Why do I have the best siblings in the world? The kind that make you laugh uncontrollably when you are together and make you feel loved even when you aren't together? Why do I get to have the best husband on the planet? (Sorry ladies, I really did get the best one!) I get treated like a queen everyday, even when I may not deserve it. He is truly my best friend and I would rather be with him then any one. How did I get blessed with such healthy, smart, beautiful children who just keep getting better with age !!! :) Why did I get to meet and become friends with some of the most inspirational, fun, positive and amazing people on the earth? Really??? Why am I so blessed?
I have no answer to that. I don't need one. I will just enjoy my moment of clarity, thank my Heavenly Father for all of you, and hope that I can continue to enjoy such a blessing in my life.

4 comments:

Patty said...

What a great spin on "Why Me?" Thanks Holli. I needed to hear this.

Odelsa said...

You are one of the most beautiful and inspiring people I have ever met! You get what you send out my dear!!

Joyful said...

Okay, I'll admit...I cried a little. I love you dear sister!!

brooke said...

Stop it!! Your making me cry!!