Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I feel old

My oldeset is 10 (and so very pre-teen) and my baby is 5 now. I AM SOO OLD! When did this happen? I don't remember going from young fresh new mom to middle aged mother of three. How did that sneak up on me like that? I am now the age of those women who taught me when I was a teenager and I remember thinking that they were just so old. I am the age my mom was when she had her 7th kid and she seemed so much older than I am now. I can't stay up past 11:00 p.m. without really feeling it the next day. I HAVE TO WATCH THE WEATHER EVERY NIGHT! I am that old lady! I don't do spur of the moment anymore (except when my friend Karlene makes me :) I have found 5 gray hairs so far and there is no doubt that I have started to get those wrinkles around my eyes. This is a little scary to me people!! I'm not sure I am ready to be in this phase of my life yet.
But I guess I really have no choice. I'm here. And I guess if I look back at the last 10 years of my life and what brought me here, I have accomplished alot to be proud of. I personally think I've got some great kids and I am going to take a little credit for that. My husband is a wonderful person ( I take no credit for that. That was all Craig and Kristine Ritchie), but I did support him through law school, 2 job changes and 7 moves. All of that has shaped me and helped me get to this point in my life. And I have discovered that as a grown woman and am good with young kids, pretty good at home improvement projects, I can find my way around a tool box, and I can decorate the heck out of a home. I also have discovered that I am pretty capable of handling most stressful situations with maturity. I suppose all of that comes with getting old. So I guess I'll take it. I AM OLD AND I AM PROUD OF IT!!!

7 comments:

JCLS said...

You are not old....don't worry! You are AMAZING and I am so lucky to have you as my sister-in-law....my brother is so lucky too. :)

Steph said...

Have I mentioned that I love you! Awesome post.

Maecy said...

I am not going to admit this yet. Denial, sistah. I'm only old if I feel it. Wait, did I say that...?

Odelsa said...

YOU ARE NOT OLD!
But really I can't believe that she is 10. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were newlyweds?

Patty said...

Inspiring! As so many old people are! Hahaha!

brooke said...

You are so not old!!

Kar said...

"Middle-aged"?? I think not! It's strange - in my brain, I'm 18 still. But my body is like, "Um, I can't keep up with you, brain." And you're right - there are good things that come of aging. I like who I am now better than who I was 10 years ago, for sure.